4.15.2015

Tuesday Weekend Wrap-Up

Hallelujah, Praise Jesus... it is Spring time in Georgia.

I always love this time of year. I'm a spring baby, so naturally I perk up a little bit every year around April. I can't help but thank God for all of the visual beauty he gives us each Spring. Not to mention all the lovely pollen. I could easily go without that, but I remind myself that the final outcome of pretty flowers and green leaves is worth it compared to the bare limbs and dreary days of Winter.

Our family had a fairly low-key weekend. Last week the local schools were on Spring Break all week, including Callie's pre-K, so we spent several days meeting up with our non-homeschooling friends at parks for some fun day-time playing.





I was able to work on a couple of projects at home since we didn't have a strict schedule, Kyle worked an earlier shift for a few days so he was home earlier than usual, and with the weather being so nice it was just a great week overall.




Friday I took the kids up to Phipps Plaza to have lunch with Kyle's mom, sister, and nephew. After lunch they took all three girls with them to Lego Land and Preston and I went to Lenox and shopped around for a few hours. It was fabulous. Do I need to even go on from there? ;)
Preston loved Anthropologie so much he asked me to feed him on one of the super comfy couches they have in there so we could continue to smell all the pretty candles  and relax. 



Lego Land fun lasted a bit longer than I was anticipating, so we didn't end up getting home til after 7. Thankfully Kyle was already home from work and ready and waiting to help me with the kids because I had a super fun night planned ahead!

Several of the girls met up for dinner and fun at a nearby restaurant both for a GNO and to celebrate Missy's birthday! There were lots of laughter to the point of tears, fun conversations, and oh yeah, good food. Always love being around my people and taking a breather from life and homeschooling.




Missy & Lauren. love these girls. for real. don't know what I'd do without 'em!


I think the funniest part of the night was when I got back home. It was late but not THAT late. Maybe 11? I didn't want to wake up the kids so I was super quiet when coming in the house. I used the flashlight on my iPhone so I wouldn't turn on the lights and wake them or the dog up. I was doing some things in the kitchen (AKA cleaning up their dinner and starting the dishwasher) before I came up for bed, all by way of said flashlight, when it dawned on me, about 5 minutes later, that I am indeed a grown up and there is no need to be sneaking around my own house. I can turn on the lights if I need to. Cue another laugh-til-you-cry moment (and in the kitchen by myself at that).

Saturday morning we all slept in. I say that loosely because what it really means is Camryn and I slept in (after multiple feedings throughout the night and early morning), and the rest of the family was up by 7 and hung out down stairs. The rest of the day, Kyle and my dad worked on the tree house that Kyle is building for the kids. He is about half way done, and this project is no. joke.  When its all said and done, we'll practically have a guest house in the trees.



While Kyle and Dad worked, and the girls played in the yard, Preston and I snuck off after lunch time for a little afternoon shopping. We are having Charleigh's birthday party at our house this coming weekend (a week before her actual birthday) so a trip to Hob Lob was a must. What was supposed to be a "quick" trip to HL and Target of course took 4 hours. The joy of strolling slowly along with just one child is priceless.



Saturday night we had dinner with my parents and came home to relax and get ready for Sunday worship.




Sunday morning our Seattle family flew in town to stay for a week of fun Georgia-only activities, and we met them for lunch after church before heading home for naps. Sunday night we went back to church and then had little family Target trip so I could buy a rain jacket and a few groceries, before heading home in the rain to have cereal for dinner and crash early. That worked out perfectly and Kyle and I both agreed we are pretty sure we want to spend every Sunday night doing an evening grocery run together as a family. It was just easy and didn't take long.






Monday was of course Co-Op, our second-to-last community day of the year! The girls are excited to share their knowledge at their presentation night coming up next week. I've been letting Callie come to Co-Op mostly every week, but sometimes I did let her to go Pre-K instead, depending on what they had going on at school. I brought her with us this week and plan on taking her with us for the last day next week. Can't believe another CC year is coming to an end! Love our curriculum and have so enjoyed this school year.


Today (Tuesday) was spent hanging out at home with our Seattle family (The Gray's) and then Kyle took Joe and the boys to the Braves Game while all the girls and Preston went to the Chick-fil-A Luau for dinner. Of course we loved sharing our treat of a CFA restaurant with Stacy. It was a gorgeous evening, despite it being cloudy, and we thoroughly enjoyed just relaxing outside by the waterfall after dinner.  We totally felt like we weren't even in town the whole evening!

in the words of our favorite comedian, Andy Andrews, "He's a fine ball PRAYer and a fine young man!"

Jared, Logan, and Preston 








Hope you enjoy the new look of the blog! It has been a long-time coming and basically the entire reason I took time off from writing.

Looking forward to the rest of the week's activities... golf carting around PTC, Stone Mountain, my birthday, and Charleigh's party on Saturday. Should be a week filled with lots of sweet memories!! So happy our cousins are here to visit!

Hope you all are having a great week and are enjoying the beautiful season God has given us! Don't forget your Zyrtec ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment