1.28.2015

Perspective

Perspective: It is amazing how much perspective comes with each baby. God really is raising ME as His child. With each child He blesses me with, He also teaches me a strong life lesson that I have been in need of learning for quite a while- whether I am aware of that or not.

 I remember after having Camryn, for four years I learned responsibility, making wise choices, and the importance of stability. I was a very young mom and am so grateful for my mother to guide me through this time of motherhood. I owe everything to her and my dad!
















 With Callie, we were also pretty young in our marriage, and I learned about consistency and family time, and something so simple as dinner -at home- around the table. This girl gave me a run for my money when it came to challenges in her babyhood, and I am thankful for the experience she gave me. She definitely toughened me up, that's for sure! #lifewithCallie 




















With Charleigh, I learned about the power of prayer, ending my toxic relationship with the "Jones'", and especially the importance of trust, friendships, forgiveness, and really staying focused on my spouse and our family, and keeping distractions of all shapes and sizes at bay so they never come between us. 



















Since having Preston, even from the moment we found out we were pregnant until now, God has been POWERFULLY working on me. I am truly in awe at how much grace He has given me, and how much He has grown me this last year. In 2014, I truly became aware of the power of my words, and have become much more self-disciplined on how I use them. I have prayed for years for God to control my tongue and the way I choose to use it, and I can say with full confidence that He is answering those prayers daily. I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit and how the Lord is working in me. I have a lifetime of learning this to go but I am a willing student! 


I know I have more in this specific area to learn, but I also feel like I'm constantly learning what really matters in life and what doesn't. I am really happy just living our lives and actually enjoying our children each day and keeping my focus on THOSE things instead of a bunch of other things that will be there tomorrow.  Stopping to feed my sweet baby all throughout the day has even further allowed me to stop and enjoy all my babies! When I am in the room nursing while watching my girls do cartwheels and making knock-knock jokes, and totally wrecking the place in about 5 seconds flat... I just mentally seem to float off into another state of mind, where I am filled with so much joy I am just trying to soak in every single second. Each day I think about how this is the only day that there are THIS EXACT AGE and how we'll never get it back again and I just want to lock them up and keep them little forever!! Having Camryn as my oldest at age 9 and Preston who is 9 weeks (10 tonight) at the same time, it is like I could not be more grateful for all these little moments. They go by SO FAST! Every conversation I have with Cam she seems to be a little bit older and more mature, and it is so fun connecting with her in a new, different way. It also helps me to enjoy these baby days of Preston. I have complained of being tired to Kyle, but in general, I just don't mind getting up with him in the night and all hours of the day. It is such a gift and I know if I blink he'll be grown. 









This is by FAR the best part of having several children... just enjoying the baby and not getting caught up in the nonsense. That's the secret to happiness for sure. My heart is filled with a loving husband as a partner to enjoy our four lively children, and altogether we keep Jesus at the center of it all, catching us in all our shortcomings and forgiving us for each and every way we fail daily. I feel good knowing that each day that passes, Kyle and I are striving together to grow deeper in our faith, and walk with the Lord. Keeping Him first and the main focus makes ALL the difference in a marriage!! 





Life is hard, parenting is hard, marriage is hard, and all of it takes intentional work. But with all of it, I am absolutely happier than I've ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment