7.11.2015

In Case You Were Wondering: My Netflix Binges


I love watching TV at night after we put the kids to bed. It is definitely mine and Kyle's way to wind down and relax after each day. While I am over-the-moon happy it is now summer, the only downside is weeknight TV. I miss some of my shows but I'm pretty happy with Netflix as well! I love it. I'm totally convinced that if Netflix would have been around when I was a teenager, there is a good chance that I would've stayed home more and been in trouble less! :) I'm an extremely extroverted person, but I know it is a good show when I find myself wanting to be at home watching Netflix instead of out doing whatever it is I'm doing. That is saying a lot for me! :)

First, some shows that I have binge-watched in the past are:




The Vampire Diaries-  I was borderline obsessed with this show when I was binge watching it. But once I got caught up, I lost interest. Proof that binge watching is way more fun than live tv :) Still a fun show though, and I even went on a tour with some friends a few years back, since they film it about an hour away here in Georgia. It was pretty cool!



24- I watched the first season. I actually have a mental note to come back and watch more. This show is good, but it is a little hard to get going since it is so old and I'm just now watching in life. The dated technology/fashion is fun yet distracting :)



Parenthood- hands down one of my all-time favorite shows ever. I started this show in the beginning live on TV and stayed with it until the very last episode. One of the best!



Raising Hope- this show is like goofy funny. Laugh out loud for sure!



Once Upon a Time- Kyle got really into this show a few years back. We don't watch it currently, but really enjoyed binge watching it for several seasons!



New Girl- another hilarious sit-com. Definitely a laugh-out-loud kind of show.



The Office- this show brings back good memories of 2006ish. Good times. SUPER funny show!



 Between being pregnant and not sleeping well, then nursing throughout the night, and now just lazy summer days, I've gotten into a few shows again this summer!

First off, when Preston was less than a week old I believe, I started Gilmore Girls.



Ohmygoodness. I finished it when he was 8 weeks old. The show is SO GOOD! I went through a bit of a grieving process after I was done. If you haven't already seen it, start now. Love it!! It only took me about 6 months of a grief period to finally start up a new show again. And it was worth the wait.


Hart of Dixie- this show is cute! It is easy to watch and a cute little comedy. I originally started this so I could have something to leave on while folding laundry during quiet time each day... but Kyle somehow ended up picking it up along with me and now we watch it at night together. It kind of is an "us" kind of show... after all, there are about 50 references per episode to the University of Alabama... so Kyle had no choice but to be somewhat in to it :) A cute little fun fact- it is filmed on the same set/town square as Gilmore Girls! It was like coming home to Stars Hollow at first. :) :) This show only had four seasons, too bad. We are in season 2 and I'm not in any rush to finish just yet! I'm enjoying this one a lot.

Since Kyle joined in on my original laundry show, I had to find something else and ended up coming across the cutest little Hallmark original show.



Cedar Cove- this show is so cute, too!! It is a little cheesy at first, but I find it really refreshing to have something wholesome to watch on tv. I believe this show was written after a book series, so I may have to check them out! Netflix has the first 2 seasons, and I know it still airs on Hallmark channel. Yay for not being cancelled yet! :) I REALLY love Cedar Cove.

Friends- ah, the go-to for easy, no-thinking-required tv entertainment. As I've gotten older, I've gotten even more into this show than I was when it first aired. It is fun watching episodes and remembering them. Anyone else miss the 90's? :)


Okay, so I watch more shows than just those listed, but most are live on tv still, so that is for a different post. :) I have a dream of one day, when Preston will finally let me leave him with someone other than Kyle, of spending an entire weekend at home with just Kyle and no kids, watching a series on netflix uninterrupted. I doubt that dream will ever happen, but it is definitely a goal. ;)

 Now, tell me, what are YOUR favorite netflix shows to binge watch? 

1 comment: