5.06.2015

A {Wednesday} Weekend Wrap Up!

Nothing like wrapping up the weekend and finally posting about it on Wednesday, right? :)

This weekend (I can't believe it is May already!) we enjoyed a good balance of having fun and relaxing. We spent Friday morning having a play date at Lauren's and the weather was absolutely gorgeous outside!! The kids loved running around and soakin' up the sweet sunshine!!




Friday night, Kyle attended day 1 of the men's conference at our church, so it was a girls (and Preston) night at home for the rest of us! I let the girls play outside until dark and we ordered pizza for dinner (so thankful Johnny's pizza has gluten-free AND delivers). After I put the girls to bed, it was Legally Blonde, laundry, and some hall closet organizing for me!


I actually love those kind of nights! Having a chick flick on and being productive without feeling like I'm missing out on something else, ha! The best!


Saturday was pretty low-key. After Kyle got home from day 2 of the conference, we spent the evening at the pool with friends and then had mexican food for dinner afterward. Of course I forgot to take ANY pictures, I was probably too busy runnin' my mouth! ;)

Saturday night I decided to run out for a quick trip to Ashley Park (shopping!) after we put the kids to bed and Kyle was cutting the grass. I picked up Lana and we made a mad dash for a whopping 35 minutes of shopping before the stores closed. She bought me a belated birthday gift of a watch and a bracelet and I LOVE it! Will post a picture when I wear them next. :)


We ran to the grocery store (going with my other mom friends is always more fun than alone!) to grab a few items for the weekend and saw that the Friend coke's are back! Look what we found while glancing at all the names! ;)



Sunday morning was worship with this handsome little fella ;)

Hi, my name is Erin and I take too many pictures of my baby BOY! :)



He doesn't last too long before finally giving out for a little Sunday snooze sesh.

We came home for a new family favorite recipe! I made BBQ Brisket Quesadillas. 



Thanks to Shay at one of my favorite foodie blogs for this idea! Definitely a delicious meal and easy to throw together! We enjoyed it so much we have been having the leftovers throughout this week. You just can't go wrong with a slow cooker, we have so much left over every time!

Sunday afternoon was spent rocking on the front porch as long as we could. We even captured Preston's very first laugh during that time! I love a relaxing Sunday afternoon with the fam!



Now that Summer is in full swing for us, we are putting pool days on the books left and right and packing our bags for our upcoming beach trip! I am so in love with May- breezy warm weather, perfect for relaxing outside or splashin' in the water, and the start to those long summer nights of playing outside until you can't see anymore. :) Happy Summer! 










No comments:

Post a Comment